Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Now Playing

I think that it is very interesting how perception changes your perspective. Like I said yesterday, my power soccer spin speed looks a lot slower on video than it feels in real life. Similarly, when I watch power soccer on the Internet it seems like it is moving so much slower than it feels like it does in real life. I'm not quite sure why that is. However, it is good because I get to see both perspectives and develop different thought processes. I get to see the real playing experience of being on the court but also seeing the overhead perspective and the formations. I think that every player should try to understand both perspectives. It is not enough just to play because from that vantage point it is difficult to see how proper spacing is executed. We talk a lot about spacing and rightfully so because the two on one is definitely avoidable with proper technique. Therefore, watching this video and understanding all of this strategy is largely important. I know that I have learned so much from watching the vast amount of talent available on the Internet, and xable.com is one of the best websites I have found so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment