Sunday, January 2, 2011

Napoleon Dynamite and Power Soccer?


Okay, does anyone remember the amazing scene at the end of Napoleon Dynamite where he is playing tetherball with the girl whose name I am forgetting right now? Well, I now have found the power soccer version that would allow me to recreate the scene. The Power Soccer Shop sells a device which is essentially a metal pole that rotates 360° just like a tetherball would. I know that the Kick It Shop also had something like that except with a chain instead of pole. Either way, I now feel like watching that movie or playing that game or preferably both at the same time. I think it looks like a lot of fun and also allows you to develop a better spin kick. I also think of the slight adaptations that could be made to create a game very similar to tetherball in that one player would be on each side and whoever cannot return the spin kick loses a point. Competition is great! The only potential downside to the device is that it takes up quite a bit of room, but that is no different than normal power soccer. Maybe I will have to try one out!
Photo from http://dollface-is-candysweet.blogspot.com/2008/10/something-for-weekend.html

No comments:

Post a Comment