Monday, April 11, 2011

Charger Challenge


Wow, I can't believe that the first annual Charger Challenge is complete. A little bit of surprising news kicked off our tournament as unfortunately the MHS Chariots were sidelined by a bus breakdown. I have not heard that many details about what exactly happened, but I hope that everything is all right now and everyone is safe. Nevertheless, we had some intense competition with the Northeast Passage PowerCats of Durham, New Hampshire. Because of the last-minute cancellation, the schedule was not quite the way it had been drawn up, but it was still awesome. The basic layout involved two games where both teams played whomever they wanted, but a third game was played in the middle for players who are newer to power soccer. All of that being said, the Chargers swept the three-game series with scores of 6-2, 8-4, and 7-0. What impressed me the most by our team was that we rotated between two main lines and both looked incredibly solid. I think that we showed our depth very well, and that says a lot for Sandy, our coach, in that he has helped all of us developed well. In the end, I was pretty excited because I also won the MVP for scoring five goals and tallying one assist. On April 23, we head down to Durham to do it again, so I'm definitely looking forward to it!
Photo by Ashley Anne Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment