Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bad Streak


Wow, my bracket is essentially dead. With the fall of Kansas, my national champion is gone. With the fall of Georgetown, one of my Elite 8 teams is out. UTEP, one of my favorite upset teams, never pulled off the upset I hoped for. Washington has survived two more games than I thought they would. Villanova choked by almost falling in the first round before being knocked out by St. Mary's in the second. It is kind of pathetic that I have only nine of the Sweet 16 correct. However, I guess you can't pick them right all of the time, but I admit that I would have rather picked them right more often than I have. So ends another fantasy game that I had any hope of winning even though the tournament is far from over. I will continue obviously to enjoy the tournament, but I will not have a chance of winning this fantasy game. Now, we move on to fantasy baseball where I fully intend to do much better! However, this also will entail a vast amount of luck on top of some expertise. There's not much you can do when you draft that can't miss starting pitcher only to discover that in his final spring training start he tore his rotator cuff and will be done for the year. In a season of 162 games, there is so much that can go wrong; it seems about as random as real life. Every so often we have those breakout moments where we can't miss and we feel like we have improved greatly. To contrast this, we all have those moments where we need to break this slump and get rid of the bad luck. See, I bet you never thought that fantasy baseball might be applicable to everyday life!

No comments:

Post a Comment