Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One More Go


Well, I thought it would never end. I have finally come to my last fantasy baseball draft for the year. Tonight, I get to match up with my fellow bloggers from around the country in the Battle of the Blogs. I thought that today I would put my reputation on the line and set my rosters here for all of you to see and hopefully think, "This guy knows how to pick a team!" No, I am just kidding; I am by no means a genius by my own measure. However, I seriously want your opinions about who I should dump and who was the absolute best pick I made. So, without further ado:

League: In the Big Inning God Created (10 teams)
Team Name: TCWT

Catcher: Brian McCann
First Base: Adrian Gonzalez
Second Base: Rickie Weeks
Third Base: Mark Reynolds
Shortstop: Troy Tulowitzki
Outfielders: Ryan Braun, Bobby Abreu, and Andrew McCutchen
Utility: Jimmy Rollins
Starting Pitchers: Chris Carpenter and Jon Lester
Relief Pitchers: Carlos Marmol and Brian Fuentes
Bench: Outfielder Alfonso Soriano, First Baseman David Ortiz, Outfielder Alex Rios, Utilityman Jorge Cantu, and Starting Pitcher Clayton Kershaw
Awesome? Not so awesome? Let me know!

The Family Fun League (ironically, not even my family; 15 teams)
Team: Ducks

Catcher: Jorge Posada
First Base: Prince Fielder
Second Base: Ian Kinsler
Third Base: Evan Longoria
Shortstop: Yunel Escobar
Outfielders: Adam Dunn, Alex Rios, and Cody Ross
Designated Hitter: Garrett Jones
Pitchers: David Aardsma, Scott Baker, Ubaldo Jimenez, and Wandy Rodriguez
Bench: Catcher Jason Varitek, Utilityman Casey McGehee, Outfielder Chris Young, Pitcher Joakim Soria, and Pitcher Ben Sheets

I think it is going to be a good year for my boys. I hope I haven't tipped my hand to my draft mates tonight, but I think that you will notice that there is only one overlapping player. Let's hope that one more draft goes well and helps me pursue a Triple Crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment