Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chaos Reigns


AAU season has officially hit my household. We put in an opening weekend in Lamoille, and I was reminded about the insanity it can bring. I must admit that this is the only time this year that I had to actually not watch a basketball game that I had the opportunity to watch in order to get my homework done. If you had the choice, would you read about microeconomics or watch a basketball game? The only votes for yes may potentially be my two Econ professors, Prof. Gibson and Prof. Sicotte. Let me run this one by you; it seems as if my everyday insanity full of blogging and schooling gets turned up a notch when you add on top of that waking up at early hours, rushing around trying to grab a bite to eat for lunch while simultaneously attempting to be one hour early for a game that starts in one hour. Believe me, it is pure chaos! However, I thrive on chaos. If I have too much free time, I tend to waste it. In times that I only have two hours to do a whole night's worth of homework; I manage to have it all done simply because I know that it needs to get done. In times of necessity, the seemingly impossible is much easier to achieve simply because we all seem to have some tendency in our personalities that help us want to meet deadlines. We like other people to arrive promptly or complete a task when we ask them to; therefore, we know that others expect that of us as well. So, I got all of my homework done in record time this weekend because of the chaos that has ensued from AAU basketball. It's kind of weird I know, but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment