Monday, June 21, 2010

Be Recruited

The Phillies are back to losing, but we won't talk about that right now. I also wanted to have you all check out the Vermont Chargers Power Soccer Club website because we actually now have a logo designed by Chris Brosky. There is a link on the sidebar to the website. However, that isn't really what I wanted to talk about either. Today, I wanted to talk about the website berecruited.com. I had heard of this website because one of my friends was using it, but I never really explored too much. Last night however I was wasting time looking around the website and noticed how extensive it really was. If it is used right, it can provide it a pretty good picture of an athlete, but of course it falls because of self reporting. I could say whatever I wanted on there to attract attention. Once a coach explored deeper, the lie would become obvious. However, I would like to say that most people are honest, so making this assumption would dramatically raise the value of this website. When you have 700,000 athletes all on one website, I definitely think that it is an impressive feat, and they have done a good job of presentation.
Photo by kitykity on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment