Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Anticipation


Today is April 20. On May 15, I'll be playing my first power soccer match in Durham, New Hampshire. That means that I have 25 days to prepare and become capable of playing at a competitive level. That is why I must go practice as much as possible between now and then. But how do you improve? Personally, I have been working on the one area that has given me problems ever since I started playing: the spin shot. The idea is to spin your chair at top speed and hit the ball with the side of your guard as the power soccer form of a corner kick. The problem is, I have a hard time judging where my chair is relative to where the rolling ball will end up. I've gotten to the point where I can hit a stationary ball with quite a bit of power, but I still need to get the timing down with how fast I can turn relative to how fast the ball is rolling and where I need to hit it to make it go where I want it to. However, I'm working on this; do not fear teammates, hopefully I won't totally miss the ball while trying to make some spectacular shot during the game. It has been said that practice makes perfect, and I'm beginning to believe it as my skills are improving. What else is there to say but that I am excited to go and see how good we are compared to our Granite State counterparts.
Photo by Tony the Misfit

No comments:

Post a Comment