Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fast Moving


I was very happy to see Roy Halladay look like an absolute machine against the Braves tonight. It was pretty awesome to see such efficiency on the mound. I also appreciate the fact that he does not waste any time throwing the ball. Any of you remember John Rocker? He had the longest most convoluted windup before delivering the ball because he had to adjust his hat and uniform 1,000,000 times before finally deciding that he better pitch. I realize that baseball is a long game, and the delayed action is quite honestly one of the most endearing traits because there's so much time to develop the tension and quite honestly the agony. However, enough is enough when that game has been going on for three hours already and the pitcher seems to be doubling that game time. I think that if I were a pitcher, I would want to work as quickly as possible just because I would be a nervous wreck. If I had to stand on the hill for a minute between pitches, I'll would make myself too nervous and probably end up throwing the ball into left field or some crazy location like that. I will admit that I was a little bit shocked when I saw Cliff Lee dumped after all he did for the Phillies last year. However, when it's obvious that Roy Halladay is what was coming in, I guess we can't complain too much.
Photo by furnstein

No comments:

Post a Comment