Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pete Rose Division Preview


Inspired by one of my fantasy league competitors who released a division preview for the Mickey Mantle Division of our fantasy baseball league on ESPN, The Battle of the Blogs, I have decided to brief you all on my division, the Pete Rose Division (don't tell anyone how much I'm betting on the Perpetual Blogging Co.)

Hot Stove Philly-I personally love this team. Between Manny Ramirez and Ichiro Suzuki, this team has some of the best pure hitters in baseball. Add that to the powerful bats of Adam Dunn and Dan Uggla and one of my favorite underrated players in Cody Ross and they seem to have a great shot on the offensive side. The pitching is no slouch either behind Roy Halladay and Josh Beckett. This pair of aces backed by the always injury prone yet high ceiling Ben Sheets give Hot Stove Philly a great chance in our division.

Five Tool Prospects-I think that this team, which is led by Albert Pujols, has the potential to be well-rounded if Rich Harden and Jake Peavy can return to the form that we all know they will eventually. On offense, this team will have a lot of home runs with Pujols, Joey Votto, and Ryan Ludwick. Also, behind Chone Figgins, Brian Roberts, and Shane Victorino, the Prospects will outrun almost any team in the league. With a solid performance from Peavy and Harden, this team will be serious competition.

Sports Page Network-I love the fact that this team is led by the twin sluggers from the Twin Cities. Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau will definitely pace this team on offense with solid contribution from Ryan Zimmerman. This team is one of the few that can claim to have amazing bullpen pitching with Francisco Cordero, Bobby Jenks, and Matt Capps. I think that the key to success for this team will be behind Ricky Nolasco and Gavin Floyd. If these two guys can put up solid ERA and wins, this team will be able to win any category on any given week.

Babes Love Baseball-I think that the first major issue this team will need to address is the second baseman as Freddy Sanchez is on the DL and there is no backup on the bench. Other than that though, this team is going to live or die on the youth movement. Behind Matt Wieters, Cameron Maybin, and Jason Heyward on the offense, this team could be very exciting as well as high scoring with Prince Fielder anchoring first base. Dan Haren anchors a pitching staff that hopes to lead this club to the playoffs and beyond.

Perpetual Blogging Co.-I like my team, but there are definite parts that need improvement. I also went young with my offense anchored by Justin Upton and Troy Tulowitzki. However, I think the strong point of my team is my relief pitching with Mariano Rivera leading the charge supported by Jon Rauch who I hope is going to get a ton of either holds or saves now that Joe Nathan has fallen. I really need Chris Carpenter to stay healthy and team up with Ubaldo Jimenez and drive my team full speed ahead.

I hope you enjoyed this preview of my division. Please support all my competitors' blogs as well as continuing with mine!
Photo by by Ed Yourdon

No comments:

Post a Comment