Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deceptive Weather


Yesterday, as many of you may know, it rained a majority of the day. Normally, rain doesn't really bother me that much because I'll just stay inside and catch up on everything that I need to stop putting off. However, last night I was threatened with the prospect of watching a three and a half hour track meet in the downpour that was happening everywhere else. Why is it that only the days that involve outdoor plans does it rain? Fortunately, once we arrived at the track, the rain subsided and it became a beautiful night. Now I'm sitting here looking out the window at the sun and the somewhat hazy blue sky realizing that tonight will be a beautiful night to do whatever. I had to be all nervous all day yesterday when really I got rewarded in the end. Today, I would not even have had that stress because it seems pretty impossible for rain today (although now that I say that, it probably will rain just to prove me wrong). So here's the moral of the story: don't necessarily worry about the rain; go to the event and maybe it's not raining where you are headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment