Saturday, May 8, 2010

Radical Sport


I think that I should invent a new sport. As I sit here in my hotel room in Lake Placid, I'm looking at a framed photograph on the wall of the Olympic ski jump towers that were used in 1980. How awesome would wheelchair ski jumping be? No, you don't have to call the cops; this is not some sort of odd suicide plot. I just think it would be awesome to have wheelchairs flying through the air given the fact that the landing would be something that I could do more than once. However, I do have proof that wheelchairs can fly without wings or jet engines. Don't believe me? Watch this YouTube video. I'm convinced that some type of device of this sort could be rigged to make a wheelchair fly off of a ski jump tower. Granted, this wouldn't really be ski jumping in the classic sense, but I think that obviously a way that would not be deadly would be worth compromising the original sport slightly. Also, I wonder how you could adapt this for a much heavier wheelchair such as my own. It would need to be a pretty major sail. I don't know, but it seems that people are so resourceful that somebody will develop wheelchair ski jumping for those people who in my opinion would be crazy enough to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment