Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sadness


I wonder what it is like to be a member of the University of Virginia lacrosse program right now. I can't help but feel bad for both programs. Obviously the girls' program lost a teammate, but the guys' team, while they didn't lose their teammate to death, effectively lost whatever he might have contributed as a teammate. I wonder what this guy was thinking. Obviously, killing someone takes a level of lapsing judgment. I don't think you can be logically thinking and kill somebody in cold blood. The military is a different context because that is their professional duty, but cold-blooded murder is a different problem. Also, I realize that University of Virginia is a very large college, but I would assume that many of the players from the girls' team could have become friends with this guy because they all shared a similar fashion. Therefore, it would be very difficult for some of these girls who were friends with this guy or some of the guys who were friends with the girl. I don't know how I would react in this situation, but I hope that everything works out well, and everybody can find some sense of reconciliation with this terrible crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment