Friday, July 9, 2010

All Alone

Finally, and sadly, we know that LeBron is in Miami, so now the sports world can move on to something new. However, for me, today is Fiction Friday, so without further ado...

How do they live in a world without sports? I think that it'd be pretty boring to be quite honest. However, I didn't need to think about it since I was living it. It seemed like the rules were different here. No baseball, no basketball. As far as I was concerned, I was entirely separated from civilization. Without sports, it seemed like I had somehow stepped back to a more primitive time. Of course, you know that I'm exaggerating greatly since sports are not quite everything, but it was an entirely different experience not to be able to walk outside, find some playground basketball court, and pick up a game. It didn't matter who you played with. All that really mattered was the point that you were playing, so I decided that I wanted to make that happen here. I stepped out of my new house and dribbled a few paces down the asphalt. I wasn't going to be the only one for very long, I would show them what they were missing.
Photo by (matt) on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment