Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

This may very well be the earliest blog post I've ever written. However, that's okay; it will still be hopefully good. I think about the hot weather we are scheduled to have today. However, I also think about the thunderstorms we had last night. It's interesting how quickly the weather can change but neither one of them is good for baseball. Obviously, you can't play in thunder and lightning especially when it is accompanied by torrential downpours. However, they do play through the heat, but I do not know if I could ever do that. On days like this, I bet the Red Sox wish they were the Diamondbacks and could close up to the dome and turn on the air conditioning. Unfortunately, very few places in New England, if any, have domes. It seems to be one of the things that we only need air-conditioning and things like that about a week’s worth of day every year, so no one has it because it is not worth the investment. In theory, this makes sense, but for that one week the weather can be pretty brutal for those of us who are used to our more frigid rest of the year.
Photo by NASA Goddard Photo and Video on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment