Friday, September 10, 2010

Glad He Wasn't Hurt

First off, I just want to say that I am glad that Tom Brady was not seriously hurt in the car accident yesterday morning. Even though I am not a Patriots' fan, it would have been hard to have one of the brightest stars (and reportedly soon to be one of highest paid stars, if not the richest) out for the year or even for a few weeks. I definitely understand the fact that one man cannot make a team, but I also know that one man can sell a lot of tickets. Since he is one of the most popular players in the NFL, losing him would have meant a lot of lost ticket sales and fan support. There have been many careers derailed by injuries by accident. One that I particularly remember was Jay Williams. The Duke point guard was just starting to break into the NBA when a motorcycle accident put him on the sidelines as an announcer now. And Williams is not alone. That is why some contracts even forbid players from participating in risky activities such as motorcycle riding or others that similarly risky. So, I am very happy that Tom Brady is healthy. You hate to see players get seriously hurt when they had no control over the situation.
Photo by Keith Allison on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment