Monday, August 2, 2010

Call To Action

I just got back from power soccer practice, and I am all of a sudden inspired to write even though I wasn't all day. So, here's what I'm thinking. I was talking with my teammate Scott about how we could start playing more games. We talked about various ideas of how we could coordinate with all of the other local teams to play more often if you define local as being within six hours. Okay, so I guess that isn't really local, but it is the best we can do right now with power soccer in the Northeast. It got me thinking about what is the simplest solution to this dilemma. You know I came up with? We need more teams! Wow, that was a huge revelation that is much easier to say than do I totally understand. However, I also know that every player who has played power soccer with us has come back. Even if you're not particularly into sports, the competitive aspect is definitely addicting. So this is my version of a call to action. If there is anyone in Vermont who wants to play but is too far away from Burlington to drive for practice, get in touch with me. We are looking to spread the word about this sport, and I'd be happy to tell you what we are up to as far as organization. Playing wise, I am far from an expert, but I am learning and any of you can learn too. All you need is four people to play. So get out there and do it, we would love to see more competition and learn from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment