Monday, August 23, 2010

Tom Brady Must Be a Shark

Maybe the Patriots should be renamed the Sharks because they have as much love of Jets as the Westside Story rivals. Many of you have probably heard of the HBO TV series "Hard Knocks" that goes inside the Jets' training camp. I even bet that many of you enjoy it (I do not have HBO, so I have no opinion on the show). Guess who doesn't love it? Earlier today, Tom Brady went on WEEI radio in Boston and said the following as quoted from an article by Howard Ulman of the Associated Press regarding the TV show.

"Honestly, I haven't turned it on. I hate the Jets, so I refused to support that show."

Pretty strong words coming from one of the biggest sports figures in New England. Granted, we all probably throw the word hate around way too much and too casually for the degree of intensity that that word conveys. However, it is one thing to say them that you hate something in the backyard talking to friends while it is another thing to be on the radio broadcasting to most of New England. Given his previous track record, I don't really think that Tom Brady meant much by this comment. It's not like he is going to try to hunt them down. However, maybe a bit more caution with word choice could be used when you know that the media, such as myself, just love to pick apart everything they say.
Photo by Keith Allison on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment