Monday, August 16, 2010

My Favorite Baseball Plays

As I was watching the Phillies beat the Mets last night, there was one play in particular that stuck out in my mind. Kyle Kendrick slapped the ball into right field, but he was thrown out by Angel Pagan at first for a rare 9-3 put out. Luckily, this play did not affect the outcome of the game, but it did get me thinking about some of my favorite plays on the diamond. So, I thought today I would list a few of them.
• Who doesn't love a perfectly executed 6-4-3 double play or one of another variety?
• Scaling the outfield wall to rob a home run (unless of course it was going to be a Phillies home run)
• Striking out the side
• The walkoff homerun
• A great knuckleball
• A snow cone catch preferably by an outfielder right near the wall
• Ken Griffey Junior's swing
• Submarine pitchers
• The catcher taking a hit at home plate but holding onto the ball
• Vicente Padilla's insanely slow curveball
• The Phillies Liberty Bell ringing after a homerun
Do you have a favorite play that I am forgetting? Comment here or shoot me an e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment