Friday, August 13, 2010

Passed By

Since today is Friday, and it is Friday the 13th, it is nevertheless Fiction Friday. So, let's get going.

I thought that it was funny how the situation worked out. I guess funny isn't quite the right word, but I guess ironic would be better. I had turned the kid on to baseball, but now he was the reason I was turned off. Maybe I better backup. A few years ago, Joe hadn't even wanted to touch a baseball. He simply had no interest in it, but, being his friend, I thought it would do him good to have something to do. With much convincing on my part, he finally caved in and came out to play. All of a sudden, it was like I couldn't keep him away from the game, and the problem was that he kept getting better. Soon, I that he would pass me by, and for some reason, even though he was my friend, I couldn't stand it. I knew that I was going to lose playing time to him, and I would even lose my starting position because he kept getting better. So in a way, I kind of knocked myself off the starting lineup, but of course you can't blame yourself, then only way I could give blame was by giving it to him.
Photo by Unhindered by Talent on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment