Friday, October 8, 2010

Team Works

I have been thinking about one-on-one power soccer moves again. I have essentially come to the conclusion however that there are going to be few opportunities to go one-on-one with the goalie. 99% of the time there will be another defender in the box with the goalie, and it is very hard to beat two defenders at once. Therefore, the obvious answer boils down to teamwork. It is much easier to pass the ball across the box for another teammate to knock in. However, the entire strategy relies on developing some level of team chemistry. That is what I have been very excited about our past few practices. People are finally beginning to look for each other as an easier way to score rather than trying to ram the ball in individually. From personal experience, I used to play that way, and it kind of worked but that was because we were still very young. Now, as we are getting better, I can't do that anymore, so I have started using my teammates more. Of course, I'm not the only one doing this, but I thought that the story sounded better in the first person. I am very glad that we are all starting to get familiar with each other, so hopefully we're on the track to becoming a cohesive unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment