Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kicking Off the Post-Season

Well, tonight is the night for the playoffs to begin. Hopefully, there will be a favorable turn for the Phillies as Roy Halladay faces off with Edison Volquez. I'd have to say that this matchup is advantage Philadelphia. However, I know that either lineup is capable of putting a bunch of runs on the board at any given time. You can give Philadelphia the upper hand here as well simply because I don't think that Cincinnati can match Philadelphia hit for hit. Every member of the Philadelphia lineup is hot right now, so if that trend continues, I do not see how they can be stopped. Of course, you have to remember my bias here, but I think that most people would agree with my evaluation. I do not know how the odds are running in Vegas, but I assume that they give the Phillies the upper hand. So, I hope that everyone watches tonight as October baseball begins and the quest for a new champion begins. I hope that the end result will be red, but we have a long way to go before we get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment