Sunday, October 10, 2010

What Power Soccer Means to Me

Tonight, we go for elimination! This may sound like a very brutal claim what I want to eliminate the Reds from existence, but I am honestly only hoping for elimination from the playoffs. However, I kind of wrote about that yesterday, so I'm going to write about something different than that. Let's talk about power soccer! So, I'm headed to play tomorrow night, and I think that we are going to have excellent attendance if everyone shows up who has responded on Facebook! This is very exciting because I know what power soccer is all about for many of us. Power soccer is a sport where we are all on a level playing surface. We all have roughly similar equipment, and our physical strength is not necessarily a factor. My doctor says that lifting a pound for me is like 20 pounds for the average person. But that doesn't matter in power soccer. I can play just like everyone else because I can push the joystick and use my brain just as effectively as everyone else. The competition is great because it serves as motivation for each and every one of us. There is some part of a sports fanatic that never wants to lose, and we carry that over into this game. It is great to see people are motivated and driven to pursue a goal. Not only a goal, but a team goal, something that is beyond each individual. This is the beauty of power soccer. It opens the realm of athletic competition to an audience that might not be able to compete otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment