Saturday, February 12, 2011

Play Harder


Given that today is power soccer practice, I know I have a lot to work on.

·         I need to be more aggressive. I am not talking about breaking wheelchairs and bending metal. Rather, I am talking about attacking the ball in such a way that I am able to keep the initiative and the ball moving forward.

·         I need to think about three steps ahead. What I mean by this is that I want to be able to anticipate what my teammates are going to do so that I will be in the best position to assist on the play. All of us have certain tendencies, so I need to be able to sense my teammates' tendencies so that I can utilize them.

·         I need to develop my spin kick as always.

·         I need to not be afraid to kick it into high speed. Typically, I get by people, but I do not accelerate quickly enough, and I get overtaken. Again, I may very well win the fight for the ball, but I need to take advantage of that second that I have won to finish the play.

If you're not doing it already, please think about what you want to improve in whatever you're doing. Goal setting may seem like something a motivational speaker would say that really has no practical application, but it really does help keep you focused on improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment