Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stay Focused


As always, here is my "what I want to do better today" list for power soccer.

·         Of course, I want to as always and improve my spin kicking. I know this will come eventually with enough practice, but I need to learn that my chair is shorter then I think it is. Part of this might be not wanting to spin and get the ball near my tires and given my experiences with that. Either way, I will get better.

·         Last week, I thought I played much more aggressively in terms of getting on the ball and fighting for it. Luckily, this didn't even involve hitting anybody to hard (but I had to obligatorily hit my teammate Linda's guard at least once). Anyway, if you force the action, it seems like the offense is more likely to mess up which is good for me.

·         Finally, I want to learn how to drive the ball into the box, be able to draw the defender on me and then be able to find the power to pass the ball across to whoever is on the weak side for the easy goal. I know what has to be done, but now I have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment