Saturday, December 11, 2010

Growth is Imminent!

All right, let's talk about my power soccer thought right now. Right now, I do not understand how the Paralympic committee turned down power soccer for inclusion at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympics. Unfortunately, I do not have statistics, but I have read that power soccer is the fastest-growing adaptive sport in the world. Therefore, imagine what it would be like in six more years. Nevertheless, I am sure that they know what they're doing, but it's too bad that power soccer won't be highlighted on that stage. Competing on that level would expose power soccer to the largest audience it has ever been exposed to. Of course, this is only temporary. I have no doubt that the sport will continue to grow. I have no doubt that more teams will pop up in different nations around the world. Earlier this year, I read that Singapore is starting to get into the mix. Once we have a more international competition, I do not doubt that power soccer will have a spot in the Paralympics. So, keep growing! I had no idea who will read this, but if anybody happens to come across this in another country, maybe you could start power soccer there. It really is a great game!
Photo by stevecadman on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment