Monday, December 27, 2010

A Solid Matchup

Well, I think we all had a lot of fun at practice tonight. I think that we are all definitely showing improvement, but I know a few things that I personally need to work on. First, I need to remember to keep spacing on the floor. Of course, the ultimate goal of this is to have one player be as consistently on the ball as possible without ever drawing the dreaded two on one. I tend to like to be very aggressive as I have found that applying pressure tends to force the opponent into mistakes, but in order for me to do this, I need to communicate well with my teammates so that they know what I am doing and we don't end up accidentally double teaming the opposing player. This didn't happen too much tonight, but I definitely need to make sure that it doesn't happen at all when it is my fault. Communication is huge, and as our team continues to work together, we will develop this communication. I tend to like to also talk a lot while on the court, but I need to make sure that I am saying the right things as well. I have no doubt that we are improving, but we definitely need to keep working as well. You can never reach perfection, but we should definitely try to improve as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment