Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How to Measure It

I have been doing a lot of thinking about efficiency and particularly how it relates to power soccer lately. Really, as far as I can tell from a pretty major search of the Internet, no one has ever tried to make some form of statistic that would explain how effectively a player has been playing. I have read articles about this for basketball, and I think it could definitely be applied to power soccer. Why efficiency you ask? Well, I feel like the ultimate goal for a power soccer player, although this can apply to any athlete, to have it every move he or she makes add value to the team. If everything you do during the game makes a positive impact, then it has been a successful game. Therefore, I want to measure this. I'm not sure how I want to do it, but I have a feeling it can be done. In basketball, relative weights are often assigned to points, rebounds, and every other normal basketball statistic. In power soccer, we don't have that luxury of having a bunch of different statistics to measure. Therefore, I think I will need to create some. I'll keep you posted if I develop anything worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment