Monday, November 22, 2010

Vermont Power Soccer

So, I think that it would be pretty awesome to get another power soccer team going in Vermont. The more I watch our friends at UNH play, the more I want to play. Unfortunately, they are our closest opponent, so that is a bit of a trip. However, if the new team could continue to get started in Franconia, and if we could get another team going somewhere in Vermont, that would be pretty great for us. I'm not sure where we're going to find these athletes, but I know they're out there. It seems as if many people who use wheelchairs are not always very public simply because going out too much could be difficult without help. However, I have heard stories while watching games on the Internet about players who never really did anything outside the house until they started playing soccer. Once people get hooked, they figure out a way to play. I think that this could happen in southern Vermont. For example, Rutland has quite a few people, so maybe they could find four power wheelchair users. Brattleboro and Bennington might be able to get it together as well. Again, I am just hypothesizing, but I would bet there are enough players in southern Vermont to somehow put together a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment