Monday, November 15, 2010

Winter Break

Okay, I am very disappointed right now. If you're from Vermont, you probably heard the story about the man who was stabbed on Halloween by a man dressed up in a gorilla suit. Apparently, according to WCAX, that never really happened. Apparently, he stabbed himself multiple times. That's crazy, but we also lost one of our most bizarre crimes ever. Anyway, I'm sure that's not why you're here to listen to me. You'd much rather hear about power soccer or some other sport. Every winter vacation, I tend to get bored. For example, last year I developed this blog much more seriously during winter vacation. This year, I have a new idea. I'm thinking that I might become power soccer's first sabermetrician. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is basically analyzing the game of power soccer numerically and statistically in order to evaluate a wider and more in-depth range of statistics than just goals, assists, and saves. Of course, the most famous sabermetrician is probably Bill James was really one of the pioneers of the movement for baseball. I don't think anybody has done that for power soccer, so maybe I can be the first.
Photo by PuttyApp.com on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment