Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Background Noise


I think that Vermont weather is crazy. I also think that I have watched more college basketball this season than I ever have previously. The main reason for this is that doing homework becomes much more enjoyable when there is a basketball game on in the background. Many people say that multitasking doesn't work, but I haven't had a problem with it yet. Honestly, I don't really multitask because if I am doing my work, the TV might be on, but I am not paying attention to it. I use the game on TV in between working for a break, but it is otherwise just there. I know that even noise throws some people off, but I am lucky that I am not one of them. I would rather work in the Davis Center rather than the library at UVM. I think that maybe I have to work harder when there is noise to focus so I end up paying even better attention to the material because if I didn't I would lose all focus. Whatever the reason, I like having some noise around, and I think I do better because of it. If it is hurting me, well, I guess we will never know that anyway because I don't think that I will be changing it.
Photo by William Hook on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment