Friday, January 7, 2011

Why I Write about Power Soccer


Apparently, the power soccer scene has been relatively quiet across America over the past month. I know that stuff has been happening such as a round-robin tournament in Pittsburgh at the end of December, but I have not been able to find any other games going on. Of course, a large part of this is probably due to the holidays, but nevertheless, I wish that there was more media coverage concerning power soccer. We have an international competition coming up in 2011 where I would daresay that we are the favorites given the players on the team and the fact that the Americans won in the last World Cup. However, very few people know about the sport, so media exposure could definitely help. I know that Team USA is trying to do this, but it is very difficult to break into an already crowded sports scene especially when it is a minority sport. However, teams are making local efforts. I know that I have seen several articles in various newspapers around the country. Unfortunately, most of them are relatively smalltime papers, but at least we are getting the sport out there. That is why I write about power soccer so much. Really, there's not too much content on the Internet about the sport outside of those within it. Therefore, I am hoping to reach a different audience who might stumble across it as opposed to directly search for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment