Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Bye Frost Heaves


Well, I think that it is a shame that the Frost Heaves had to cease operations immediately. It is one of those things that I didn't go very often at all, but I will miss not having the option to go. It was cool to have a higher level of basketball right in our backyard and in my favorite venue ever. Even though the high school tournament at the Auditorium has a different atmosphere than the Frost Heaves ever did, it was still the ultimate venue in Vermont. Also, that venue is barely ever used throughout the year, so it was good to see it getting more use. Nevertheless, it is over. I understand why they had to shut down because it is difficult to run a team without much money, but on the other hand I don't think it was entirely their fault given the state of the economy right now. Even though ticket prices were incredibly reasonable, I would bet that some people still couldn't afford to attend the games, and the team can't fight the current economy. Also, businesses don't have money for sponsorships, so they might not have been as generous as they would normally be. It is regrettable because I think is a sign of the times that we live in.
Photo by RicLaf on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment