Tuesday, January 11, 2011

National Championship


Oh man, that BCS national championship was pretty intense last night. Unfortunately, my trend of being disappointed by football results continued last night. I have nothing against Auburn, and I think that Cam Newton is an absolute beast, but I've always liked Oregon. Quite honestly, how do you not love a team that is wearing bright neon yellow-green socks? Also, that two point conversion to tie the game was pretty awesome although somewhat predictable. Once he started rolling to the right, I knew that the ball would be coming back across the field. Nevertheless, why did Oregon think that it was a great idea to run the ball up the middle every single time? Every time was basically the same result of very little or no yardage gained. I am not necessarily a huge football strategist, but I do realize that sometimes if the plan isn't working, you need to change to another plan. Oregon seemed to do best when they got the ball outside. However, I guess that's part of the reason that they had to run inside as well just to keep from becoming predictable. My only response to that would be that if the opponent can't stop you, why change? All in all, I thought it was a pretty solid game that was fun to watch.
Photo by Ed Yourdon on Flickr

1 comment: