Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Year Ago

Here is a fun bit of trivia. One year ago today I started writing my blog everyday (unless I happened to lose some pieces from earlier days). I know I have more than 365 pieces however and that is because I had written some last summer and fall, but it was not an everyday serious thing. Also, I know that I wrote twice on some days that I got really excited about something (the final four in the Aud). I made it my goal to write 200 words per day, and I pretty much always go over. However, assuming that I did write exactly 200 words every day for the last year, I have written 73,000 words in the last year. That is quite a few words although if I made into a book, it wouldn't quite be an epic novel. Writing is a good habit to get into for anyone, but it is even more important when you are a business and statistics major that doesn't need to write that much otherwise. I didn't want to lose my edge, so I thought and was right that it definitely does help you to constantly write and work at the craft.
Photo by fsse8info on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment