Sunday, January 30, 2011

Make-Up Practice

So, I went over to work on my power soccer in the gym today because I wasn't at practice yesterday, and it went surprisingly well. I was very satisfied with the fact that I am beginning to realize how to land 180° spin kicks by learning how long my chair and guard are. Once you're able to learn the size of the chair, it is much easier to judge how far away from the ball you need to be. Also, another important part to landing them is learning how to time the ball. Fortunately, when I was younger I played a lot of catch and floor hockey, so timing moving objects has never really been a problem for me. Most of the time, my timing is all right, but I miss because I assume that my chair is longer than it is they really don't feel like getting the ball wedged under my tire. I know that that probably wouldn't happen anyway, but nevertheless I am trying to avoid damage to myself or my chair. I know, that is kind of insane. So, I am doing a lot better though, and I can't wait to get back on the court with my team next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment