Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where I Want to Go


Here is something interesting. I haven't played power soccer for over a week. That is kind of depressing. However, it just means that I am getting more pumped up for Saturday when we hit the floor again. I also need to at some point get my turn speed turned up a little bit more to continue my incremental ascent. However, this is all within the area of improvement. I know that one of the most important parts of improvement is actually wanting to improve. It is very difficult to get better at something without work and thought. The reason that I include thought is because work without a purpose really won't do much good. You need to know what you are working towards in order to actually have a chance of getting there. So, where am I heading? Individually, I want to become a player who is able to compete with players at the national level. I don't necessarily mean I am looking at the national team yet because I am nowhere and I repeat nowhere near good enough. However, what I mean is that I would like to be able to play against very good teams and even though I might get beat by some really good players, I would like to be able to hold my own. I don't need to be the best (although if that ever happened after many years of work I wouldn't object), but I want to be a solid, dependable player who is able to execute when needed and always contribute to the betterment of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment